The Museum’s Security Guards play a vital role in maintaining the security and safety of the Museum premises, assets, visitors, and staff, while also serving as ambassadors with the Museum’s visitors and guests.
|Reports to:||Associate Director, Security|
|Date posted:||October 13, 2020|
|Schedule:||Part-time; 5 days/week, Tuesday - Saturday; less than 40 hours with occasional mandatory OT|
- Reports in full uniform to daily security briefing, ready to take assigned post
- Patrols assigned post noting and reporting all unusual situations related to security and fire safety
- Interacts with museum visitors and staff in a courteous and helpful manner
- Conducts daily safety and security survey of assigned post
- Operates and monitors computer based CCTV and security alarm systems
- Follows direction and performs all duties related to physical security and fire safety, including assisting during emergency situations that may affect staff, visitors or the museum collections, while maintaining a composed demeanor.
- Fills-in as Control Room Operator when necessary
- Takes appropriate action to correct safety and security conditions
- Responds to medical situations and takes appropriate action
- Reports for emergency duty when necessary
- May be required to assist with snow and ice removal from the museum sidewalks and property
- May be required to perform custodial duties when needed
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Unique Security Registration Number with the N.Y.S. Department of State, Division of Licensing Services
- Ability to obtain a New York City Fire Department , “Fire Guard, Certificate of Fitness”
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Ability to deal with the public and respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time both indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Customer service experience
- Experience operating computer based CCTV and security alarm systems, a plus
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief or other legal basis)
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is committed to diversifying its staff and encourages individuals of all abilities and ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds to apply for this position. The Museum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic prohibited by applicable law.
This is a unionized position with covered employees represented by Local 241, TWU, AFL-CIO.
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.